- U.S. Nursing Homes Reducing Use of Antipsychotic Drugs
- Health Highlights: Aug. 27, 2013
- New Defibrillator Works Without Wires Touching Heart
- Terms Docs Use Can Influence Patients’ Cancer Choices
- Parents Deliberately Making Child Ill Can Be Deadly
- Kids Benefit From Doctors’ Antismoking Counseling: Experts
Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Autumn
By LadyLively on October 25, 2016
(HealthDay News) — Autumn is a great time of year to help your family eat and move well.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Go for a run or enjoy a nature hike.
- Start a family game of football.
- Eat a healthy meal about three hours before a workout, and have a healthy snack about an hour before.
- Choose meals balanced with protein and carbohydrates, such as cereal with milk. Snacks should be low in fat, such as yogurt or fruit.
- Drink extra water and eat a healthy snack after vigorous exercise.