- U.S. Nursing Homes Reducing Use of Antipsychotic Drugs
- Health Highlights: Aug. 27, 2013
- New Defibrillator Works Without Wires Touching Heart
- Terms Docs Use Can Influence Patients’ Cancer Choices
- Parents Deliberately Making Child Ill Can Be Deadly
- Kids Benefit From Doctors’ Antismoking Counseling: Experts
Health Tip: Caring for Psoriasis on Your Feet
By LadyLively on January 4, 2017
(HealthDay News) — Psoriasis causes red, scaly, itchy plaques on the skin, including the feet.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests these ways to soothe it:
- Moisturize your feet regularly. Choose a moisturizer that’s hypoallergenic and non-irritating.
- Soak feet in an oatmeal bath.
- Ask your doctor about special light therapy.
- Avoid psoriasis triggers, such as alcohol and exposure to dry air.
- See a podiatrist if your foot psoriasis doesn’t improve.